Sunday, September 03, 2006

Uni started yesterday :-S

Nah.. it was quite interesting. The subject was Multicultural Counselling.. meet people from all walks of life there. Our lecturer, Dr. Christine, is half Dutch half Japanese and has a bubbly personality... and talks a lot. It's great to be back studying!!!! No no.. I'm not joking.. it means that one step closer to the end of my degree. I can't wait to go back to NZ

Work started last week. It was dreadful and I don't expect this week going to be any different. I've decided on Friday that I am definitely leaving this job. Unfortunately, I can't until I found a new job... and I hope that will happen soon or else I would go crazy, get myself fired, and ruin my career record!!!

Life is still so-so.. Nothing exciting... I would certainly be super busy until the end of November with 4 classes/week. I can't deny that I love what I am studying. I came across this article on "Mercy Centre" in this month edition of Marie Claire (which I personally think is the best glossy magazine out there). It's about a house that acts as a shelther, playgourd, and school for 250 orphans... 50 of them got infected by HIV. I think it must be some divine intervention that I come across this article *looking up towards heaven*.. You see, I was beginning to doubt about my choice of Master degree and start to wonder whether this is what I want to be doing. Seeing this article and see all the pictures of these kids.. I realised that I've come the right way.. made the right decisions. They have this programe called "Sanook My Saturday" (Sanook means fun) and basically these kids get to go out and see cool places in Thailand or get to do cool activities like dancing. Gosh, I would love to be able to teach these kids to dance.. I wish Ben was here and maybe we could teach them Ceroc and send them into dance competition!!!

Ooooh...that is such a wonderful idea (must write that down!!)

Anyway. I can't volunteer in that programe coz I have class on Saturdays.. bummer!! Maybe next semester...

No comments: