Friday, December 30, 2005

A day with CE Thailand mission team

Well, sorry about the delay guys. I've been busy job hunting... which, I must admit, can make your life really miserable. Note to self, next time, be more prepared.

Well, I met Dave P, Lizzy and Michelle in Bangkok about a week and a half ago. I met them at their hotel and took them out to dinner at this cool restaurant my mom recommended. My goodness, we ate so much. We ordered 6 different foods, it was amazing that we finished almost all of it. Thanks to Dave.. I really don't know how that guy stay so skinny!!! Then I took them all out to Suan Lumpini Night Bazaar for some shopping. Lizzy stopped at every shop in sight. Michelle and Lizzy are really good at bargaining. I think they're even better than me!!! Dave bought a nice shirt at a very reasonable price as well.

I was gutted that the girls only stay for one night and they have to leave in the afternoon the next day. I didn't meet up with them on that day because I was busy and they needed most of the time debriefing. However, I get to meet Dave P the next day.. with BECS!!!! yeah.. it was awesome. We met for lunch, in which I introduced them to Thai desserts, then we went to the famous Siam Square. I can't remember much what we did there. We just walked around and talk. We visited this tiny shop called Mango Tango where every food/drinks/dessert in there are made with mango. It was awesome!!! Then we went hunting for a place where Dave and Becs could taste Singha beer.. we ended up at this exquisite hotel. The atmosphere there was really nice, with a lady playing harp and all!! THEN.. we had dinner. It seems to me that we spent most of the day eating!!

It was great seeing familiar faces in my part of the world. Especially Becs, I haven't seen her for like a year!!! I can't wait till Ekta comes!!

Miss u guys!!!
La Korn

No comments: