Thursday, January 20, 2005

My first time in an Internet cafe..

This is my first time in an internet cafe.. seriously, I kid you not. This is all weird, they charge about 75 cent for the first 10 minutes and 5 cent/min afterwards. I guess it's not too bad, right?

Anyway, right now I'm at Siam Square, one of the best shopping place in Bangkok. The shops here open at noon and the parking lot is packed around 30 min later. Amazing. It's now 12.27 pm and I have absolutely nothing to do until 2, which is when I'm meeting up with my sister. I walked around a bit but then I get bored, it's really tiring to keep stopping yourself from buying clothes. So here I am, in an internet cafe.

I can not believe that I have only 12 days left in Bangkok, then I have to fly back to NZ and face the stressful time of moving my stuff from my old flat to the new one (which I'm sharing with Mel). I will arrive chch on the 2nd of Feb and will stay at a friend's place for a couple of days, then I'm catching a bus down to dunners. Hmmm.. talking about taking care of business, I wonder what my phone bill will be like when I get back..oooooo scary thought. I think I will have to cancel my Vodafone contact and change to telecom with their wonderful $10 texting. Haha.. yes.. I am a traitor.

Oh guess what I did yesterday, I went to the hospital to have my medical and x-ray certificate filled out. Therefore, I need to go through a medical check-up. It was soo much fun having my hight and weight measured (I found out that I'm actually 2 kg heavier than I thought..hmmm), I also had my blood pressure measured..aaaaah good times. Yeah, I know, I'm weird, but get your health checked is much more enjoyable than staying at home alone watching TV. Oh, then I have to see this doctor as well. It's funny coz it took less than 5 min to fill the medical form (if you never see one of these forms, they are usually several pages long) This guy, he didn't really checked me thoroughly, he mostly assumed that there's nothing wrong with me. He asked me all those questions on the form but he already ticked the "no" box. It's like this: "You don't have diabetes, heart diseases, lung diseases (and the list goes on and on.. and as he speaks he already ticked the "no" box)............right?". The "right?" part came in the end when he looked up and saw my stunned/smiling face. I find it really amusing at first, but not when I found out that I have to pay 700 baht (or about $26) just to see the guy. What a waste, I could have brought 2 pairs of nice shoes with that money.

Right, it's almost 1 pm now and I have an hour left to bum around. I guess it's the best time to have lunch.. I hope it's not gonna rain. Last night.. well this morning actually, it was 3 am when it rained... hard out. It woke me up, took me ages to fall back asleep, but it's alright coz it's not the bloody neighbour's dogs that woke me up this time. Aargh.. it's 1:03 pm, I better go. Hasta la vista.. my dear dear friends.

No comments: