Monday, January 17, 2005

After I had updated on all the mission news (both from Sam's blog and CE Missions blog.. Carmi, when are you going to update yours ??), I came to this conclusion: I'm so going on a mission trip next year. C'mon, all the experiences!! being abroad with your friends, close encounters with cockroaches, eating "interesting looking" food, and most of all, experiencing God and do His will.. aah BLISS. It's so encouraging to see what these amazing Cutting Edgers are doing.

I just came back from a small annual trip to Petchaburi with my parents. By the way, for those who don't know where that is, it is south-ish of Bangkok. The first day we arrived, the weather was really hot. We stayed at this country club and believe it or not, we always eat at the same restaurant. The owner loves us so much (as we are a bunch of loyal customers for over 10 years now) she always give us discount, free food (honest !!) and many many things. We didn't do much, just eating and sleeping.. surprise surprise. We bought a couple of things back home with us: a kg of chilli paste (made by that restaurant) and 6 kg of rose apples. I think I ate about 2 kg. The weather cool down on the second day and on the third day, it was quite cold. Amazing isn't it !! it's cold in Thailand !! And on the third day, we set out on our journey home. We made a little wee stop at some place I can't remember to look at some historic place to belongs to some king (I think he was the 2nd king of Thailand.. my Thai history sucks) then we ended the day with a dinner with my uncle and aunt in Bangkok.

Hmm, I can't get this off my mind. I've read this thing on free will and predestination, and it made me remember God's moves in my life and how He had been so patience with me. As I've read some comments on how there are the "selected few" that are chosen to be saved, I got this feeling in my heart and somehow I sort of feel that this is not the way. God loves us all and He wants all of us to be saved. There are no "selected few". Many times I feel like I don't deserve to be saved. I'm not worthy of this gift God has given me.. but hey, here I am, a Christian. God could have given up on me any time, but He didn't.. because He loves me.

It took me 19 years to finally notice God and He never give up on me. He constantly trying to get my attention through out those 19 years. For me, waiting for someone for 15 mins is bad enough already but 19 years !?!? it's inconceivable. Once again, God has reminded me how amazing His love is. Sometimes, to be reminded of the simplest truth and yet the most important one, gave us strength to go on.

No comments: