Tuesday, July 19, 2005

post GetSmart 2005

Wow, 3 and a half days of GetSmart really taken its toll on me. For those who don't know, I was the counsellor in the ministry team for GetSmart. I have to be at church from 8 in the morning for a prayer meeting before the morning sessions, stayed for the arvo sessions and from 6 in the evening and spent an hour praying for the conference before the night session. It was absolutely full-on and eventhough I was extremely tired... I've never been so refreshed. To be in the position of serving others is really satisfying.

So what did I learned from GetSmart other than serving? I learned to pray.. to pray from my heart, to pray with boldness and storm the heaven. I learned to believe that God will be performing miracles on these young souls. I learned to come to the conference (and now church) with expectations. I learned to focus on God and praise him with all my heart during worship (I know, I know.. worhsip is not about the music but you know what I mean). I learned to stop "singing the words" but focusing on blessing Him. I learned to give and sow into His kingdom despite my circumstances. I know that He will provide me with a way out. I learned to want more from Him, not for my own sake so that I can boast, but for His glory and for others.

So what's the theme of GetSmart this year? Influence. I prayed that those youths who came to GetSmart will be transformed. I prayed that they will realise that they hold the future of this nation in their hands. I prayed that they will dream and be influence.

The youth pastor, Andrew Kabala, have a dream... and from this dream, GetSmart was born. God uses this man from Gore to reach the youth of this nation and transform lives. This is what I called influence.

Matthew Barnett, determined to be a successful pastor that have a church of ten thousand but when he died to his dream of becoming successful. God uses him to rescue postitutes, ranaways and gang members from the street.. and the Dream Center was born. This is what I called influence.

These guys are just a couple of example of people of influence, I can spent ages giving you examples. But what I want to tell you who are reading this blog. YOU also can be like these guys. You have all the power, opportunities and resources you need because you have God. So instead of just sitting there and waste all these things away. I encourage you today, to become influence.. because our God is a God of Influences.

No comments: