Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Running around Sydney airport

9.50 AM Australian time, I am having a Rhumba frappucino with whipped cream at Sydney airport. The plane from Bangkok landed here at 6 and it literally took me an hour walking around (with my luggages)trying to find something to do and a computer that works. I managed to landed myself at an e-lounge and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the sign that says "Free Internet", God bless these kind people. Unfortunately, only one of them works and there's a girl waiting for me to finished up. I feel really bad using it for a long time so I left as soon as I finished an e-mail to my parents... which makes me wonder: Why I don't feel like this when I am using an e-stop at Uni? oh well...*shrug*

I was going to re-read "A Lineage of Grace" when I decided I just can't be bothered. So I sit and looked around for a while, which wasn't so bad since there are a few cute guys with surfer body walking around. But eventually, I got bored. After I decided against ordering the new Neapolitan Cream Frappucino, I took out my free notepad I got from the movie Alexander, I started writing. Yes, you guessed it, I've written this whole blog in my notepad before I typed it up here. That's how bored I am.

I think I'm addicted to this blogging thing. I like putting up new entries, I do it whenever I can !! I don't know who to blame for this.. it's either Sam or Mel. Hmm, since Mel is my flatmate and I have to live with her for a year... I'll blame Sam.. Haaa, just kidding.

Delta Goodrem's "Out of the blue" is playing softly and the whole place is buzzing with activities: coffees being made, Japanese tourists trying to figure out where they suppose to be and me struggling to stay awake. I'm feeling very lonely at the moment, I hate travelling alone and the idea of sitting here for another 6 hours is not good at all. Stupid Pacific Blue.. they only have one flight from Sydney to Christchurch per day.

Lots of things happened in the past 15 hours and if they didn't turned out the way they did, I'll probably cry... nah, not really.. but I will be very upset. I arrived at Bangkok International Airport and was shocked to see a very loooooooong line of passengers waiting to be checked in. I had a lil' chat with a couple from London (who will be cerebrating 40 yrs of marriage in two weeks and they are heading to NZ) and it kept me occupied for a while. Okay, this is my initial flight plan: Bangkok - Melbourne - Sydney - Christchurch. BUT (don't you just love this word)I found out at the check-in counter that the BKK to MEL flight have to transit at SYDNEY !!! So I cancelled the sector from SYD to MEL (luckily, this ticket is free) and it was all good.

After the good byes (no, I did not cry), long flight, unconfortable seat, always-occupied loos and bad movies.. here I am, at Sydney. Suddenly, I realized that there are more things to sorted out. My luggage will not be automatically transferred to my next flight and I need to sort things out with Pacific Blue for my MEL - CHC via Sydney flight. At first they wouldn't let me change my plan !! and they told me that they couldn't let me boared the plane from SYD to CHC since I won't be boarding the flight from MEL to SYD (hope you didn't get confused). I was 1/2 scared and 1/2 worried, so I asked to speak to the supervisor. The lady put me on hold.. and I waited & waited, finally she came back.. saying that everything is fine and i will be able to get on the plane to CHC !! YAY !! (apparently she misunderstood the manual or something) Haaa !! I can't believe how things turned out totally in my favor. For a while there, I thought I have to drag myself to MEL or buy another ticket to CHC. Phew ~~~

I really think I need to improve my blog writing skill. This entry is boring !! Can you believe it? I get bored reading my own blog, how weird is that? I think the most important thing is for me to stop whining.. it's rather hard to do though.

Right, I am very sleepy and my big luggage is being a pain coz I have to keep an eye on it all the time. I'll go and find out where I can put it away so I can freshen up and take a nap... hopefully. Who knows.. I might come back and continue whining..

No comments: