Saturday, April 07, 2007

It's definitely going to rain

It's definitely going to rain today... about time too! The weather has been awful lately. Hot and humid. I'm glad that it's finally going to rain.

I used to hate it when it rain... because it meant:
  • I can't go walk in the awesome Dunedin botanical garden,
  • no sunlight,
  • there will be that annoying sound of the rain beating on the roof,
  • if I have to go outside, it'll be cold and misrable and my shoes might get wet

But someone once told me that he loves it when it rain.. he likes the sound of the rain beating on the roof because it represents the music of mother nature, he told me that you can still take a walk around the garden even when it rains (just as long as you make sure that it's not a thunder storm). Why should I let such a simple thing like rain stop me from doing what I want? and why do I focus on the ugliness instead of beauty of rain?

Then I remember of the time when I got so fed up with my life and ran outside in the rain.

It was refreshing....it was cleansing

I started to calm down and let the rain washes my pain away... I wish I could turn back time and be a little girl again. Without all the care in the world. Without so much confusion about life, love, choices, and beliefs.

But in a way, I am glad that I am not a little girl. I've grown and been through so much that I start to appreciate those confusions. I make myself see the funny side of things and laugh at the absurdness of it all. Eventhough I don't believe it most of the time but everything usually turn out alright in the end for everybody. So why worry? Why focus on all the problems and confusions and forget to appreciate the beauty that God has given us?

Now I like it when it rain, but I don't like it when it started to flood.

No comments: