Thursday, August 17, 2006

Nam's discovery of Minesweeper

I've never played Minesweeper in my entire life. I always know what it is and what's the goal of the game but never ever understand the rules. So today, bugged with extreme boredom, I decided "What the heck, might as well try it out"... and now I'm an addict. I've been playing it for 3 hours straight now. Not a very productive thing to do, but oh well..

I suppose to be working!! I really need to start doing research on my thesis (I think I will do about Games addiction in teenagers - how ironic).. and I really need to arrange field trips for the school I'm working for. I really can not be stuffed (plus it's not my job anyway, I'm a lab technician.. not a secretary!!).. but it's the boss order so I gotta do it.

Recent movie what I've watched that had made a good impression on me is "Crash". Great movie, you gotta see it. I also watched "I [heart] huckabees" at the end of last year, along with "Lost in Translation". The movies are great but I miss the company more. The late nights filled with movies, good friends, and my awesome bakings. I really miss my life in Dunedin. There's so much to do back there. Yes, Bangkok is certainly a lot bigger than Dunedin and theoretically it should have more things for me to do but strangely that's not so. With work occupying majority of my time and study takes me late into the night, by the time I got home my energy was all drained away since 4 pm. So normally, I would rather rest and do absolutely nothing during the weekends. This is probably why some people get so sick of life. It's the same everyday. Good thing that school is now closed so I have a bit of a wind down... with Jamie Collum playing and nice hot tea. Aaah, life at this exact moment is great.

This year is a year of reflection for me. I've been thinking alot about my dreams and desires..and also my fears. Trying to figure out who I really am. At the lowest point of my confidence, self-esteem and emotions (which happened around June), Fate actualyl dropped in, said "hello", and helped me up. Through a series of events (and some misunderstanding), I got my hands on the book called "The Alchemist". Definitely the best book I've ever read in my entire life and that is not an exaggeration. Changed my look on life entirely.

I think I shall leave this blog like this.. will elaborate on this later.. shall go blog-hopping again..

No comments: