Saturday, June 09, 2007

Last night I went to La Rueda, the Latin club I posted about half a century ago. I actually planned to go tonight (Saturday night) but when I rang my salsa friends to find out who's going tomorrow, they told me that no one is going tomorrow..well, apparently last night was La Rueda anniversary (6 years) and there will be some performances. I couldn't help it...so I went home, got changed, and went out.

I met this guy I danced with who just got a break from the navy so we did a wee bit of salsa, not as much as I wanted. My New York salsa teacher, Louis, was also there. I'm suspecting that he has a thing for my Taiwan friend, Paulie, but Paulie deny everything *roll eyes*. Tho I didn't dance as much as I wanted (and I wasn't wearing the right shoes) but the performances really made up for it. There were performances of swing (and it was cool to see the little asian girl got tossed around), argentine tango (MARVELOUS!!! I would love to learn that), belly dance (so exotic, made me wish I didn't gave it up), striptease (so-so.. not a big fan), New York Salsa (I'm learning that.. and OMG last night it was SO amazing!!), zouk (share some familiarities with Ceroc.. so I am thinking whether I should learn that too) and finally the highlight of the night was definitely the owner's brother and his girlfriend/dance partner. They went to Blackpool to compete.. BLACKPOOL!!! can you believe that. So I had an up, close, & not personal night with the pros. They did cha-cha and some thing else for us and man.. they were AWESOME!! Their movement is very strong yet graceful and very very sensual and sexy. The close moves are very close and they really perform, you know, their facial experssions and their body language really speaks. I learned so much last night and I really wish all of you were there with me.

No comments: