Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The Racket in the Forest

There's a racket by the lake, which shooke the forst in its wake
A sight to be seen, that magnificent drake
and the biggest toad you could ever seen!!!
"Hello Sir Drake!" proclaimed the toad, "Where have you been?"

"Meee?" drawled Sir Drake in a bored voice, "Oh, I've been up and down, left and right."
"Here, there, and everywhere... but I saw such a fright!"
"Oh my!!" exclaimed Lord Toad, "It must have been a sight!"
" You couldn't imagine! You couldn't guess! But... what do you think I saw?"

"Well, I imagined that you saw Countess the Cat who is so fierce with her claws!"
"By jove! you've guessed it" cried Sir Drake, as Countess the Cat approached on silent paws.
"Sir Drake, Lord Toad" greeted Countess with a nod of her elegant head, "You two would never guess what I just saw"
"A fish?" "A frog?" ... Lord Toad looked sly "a dog?"

"Oh, my dear Lord Toad" replied Countess, "Do you think that I am excited by mere fishes and frogs? or even dogs?"
"Well, I don't know" Sir Drake began to tease, "did it chase you into a bog?"
"Oh ssh, Sir Drake" answered Countess, "or I'll tell Lord Toad about the time the wood nymphs chased you into a log"
Sir Drake quacked and fussed, and trees overhead rippled in the breeze

Then five wood nymphs appeared, and one was greeted with a sneeze!
"Thank you for that" the wood nymph "now that you've stained my clothes, I'll need some febreeze!"
Then Sir Drake flaps his wing with a fever that surpasses any dumbstuck beaver
"Whatever is wrong with you?" asked Countess Cat, "anyone would think you'd seen a cleaver!"

"Ah!" exclaimed Sir Drake, "something just whizz pass my swimming legs!"
They all looked into the water, into the deepest, darkest dregs
And bobbed up, a little duckling by the name of Mooshoo
"Ah ha!" cried Sir Drake, "a little duckling, Mooshoo, tis you!"

"Tis me, papa" replied Mooshoo, "I heard the voices of the pretty nymphs, so I came here to investigate"
"Is it a party? Is it fun? Is there any chance I can participate?"
"Oh Mooshoo, you do know how to make a nymph blush" teased the nymph in pale blue dress,
Mooshoo quacked, and tried to bow but fell flat on his face, oh what a mess!

He then scambled up on his legs, flapped his legs, and hide behind Sir Drake
"Oh" cried a nymph, "a party, let's do! We can have cake!"
"And a jazz quartet, flowing stream from hot chocolate, and perhaps unlimited gingernuts!"
Oh what fun, the cry went out, let's also invite the neighbourhood mutts!

So the small party of animals and nymphs, decorate the forest with ribbons and stars
They're happy and laughing and dancing and joking, far far away from the sound of cars
So ends the story of the racket in the forest, until the next time we meet

By: Rebecca & Nam

No comments: