Wednesday, September 05, 2007

In the Silence

The stars shining in the darkening sky
Twinkling, whispering, playing upon the silent mind
The northern wind swept by
And dancing leaves leapt up in delight

I stand in the darkness with my hair swaying gently in the breeze
From beneath my feet comes a whisper
That sooth my heart with its sweet melody
Sighs of contentment escaped me

The pale light from the moon dancing across the surface of the lake
A spray of foam, a trace of stardust
The smell of pine trees, the twinkling lights of fireflies
And I am alone with my thoughts

I step towards the lake, shivers as the cold water touched my feet
Starfish leap around and across my toes
I look up to the starry sky and close my eyes
Peace, a thick envelope sealing me

My lips move in silent prayers, to Him who resides in heaven
A feeling of faith surges within me
And a sense of wholeness filled my soul
Wonderful peace was mine
By: Mel & Nam

No comments: