Wednesday, October 25, 2006

It has been a while

It has been a while since I last blogged! I miss blogging。。

Now, I'm using this computer at Uni which is so weird. It keeps on changing my font to some weird as stuff. I think some one has set up chinese font in this computer or something.

I have not eaten meat for 5 days now. Why? Well, because it's a chinese tradition that at some certain month, we will have 9-10 days that we refrain from eating meat and any animal-related products. It is also known as vegetarian festival around here.

I had a mid-term test and a presentation last week for Multicultural Counselling. It went okay and my presentation on comparing Russian Jewish and Indonesian families went pretty good too. Amazing that we are so relaxed in this class while such uncomfortable subject about race and racism was being discussed. My lecturer commented that it is easier to teach this class in Asia than America, apparenty it is a very sensitive issue in the States.. where everybody sue everybody. Well, this is what I've heard but I prefer to keep my judgement to myself. No.. I would rather not judge at all.

Isn't it amazing that the end of year is approaching already? October is almost over.. only two more months and 2006 is gone. It never amaze me how fast time flies.. and it rarely occur to me that life is actually quite short. I have this interesting theory about "World View".. not my theory of course but it's what I've learned in class.

Well.. there's 4 types of world view:
1. Optimistic - believe that people is essentially good, believe in working in harmony with nature
2. Pessimistic - believe that the best kind of relationship is equal relationship (you help me, I help you), believe that nature is a dangerous fource not to be played with.
3. Traditional - believe that the nature is here to serve you
4. Here and Now - I think the name pretty much self explanatory

So.. I think I'm optimistic but I would rather be here-and-now. I seems to underestimate the value of "Time".. all the time!! Gosh.. I need to get a life. So.. what kind of world view do you have?

No comments: