Saturday, October 14, 2006

It has been a while since my last post.. and now I don't know where to start.

This morning I woke up with this dull headache in combination of allergic reaction on my arms. I am trying to figure out the source of my allergy and almost settled with those garlic parsley shrimp I had last night.. but decided not to because I like shrimps way too much. So the source of my allergy remains a mystery.

I am so behind in my study, which is totally not cool at all. Luckily, I managed to drag myself away from daydreaming and actually did quite a fair bit of study this week. I feel like I can't concentrate on something for long. One other thing I am struggling with in my academic aspect of life is my "either thesis or research project + comprehensive exams" option. Do I really want to do a thesis? Can I be bothered? (the answer to that question is always a "No" but it's better to state it out lound anyway). Either way, I still have to decide on the topic.. which is still under way after a month of searching.

About two Sundays ago, I went to Jatuchak Market with my friend, Ben from Belgium. The most horrible thing happened. My bag was cut open and the thief stole my phone... I was really angry but thank God they didn't stole my purse or my camera instead.

Have you ever got a feeling that you can never get used to your own home after you've been away for a while? I feel that a lot. It's not that I am not trying to settle but it could be that I am unconciously prevent myself from making this my home. I feel that I don't have any friends here. None that I am close enough to call a "friend"....sometimes I wonder whether I have been unconsciously shutting myself off all this time. Preventing myself to become too familiar, too attached to this place because I am too focused on going back to NZ. But if I manage to go back to NZ, would my feelings change? Would I feel that I am suffocating because I don't get to live my life? Would I feel the same way as I do here? I am starting to forget what living in NZ felt like. This makes me wonder whether I am bound to be a homeless traveler.. and never feel "at home" no matter where I am.

Hmm. .maybe I should do a thesis on it.

No comments: